My 5 Reasons Why Jessica Sanchez Nearly Got Eliminated

I am no expert. But it takes a moment of serious thinking for me to come up with this list. I assure you that not all of us will agree with what I have to say. Nevertheless, this is my blog and I have the freedom to express my side.

Elise and Jessica(Credit to the owner of this gif)

I've read almost all news articles about Jessica Sanchez' almost elimination in American Idol Season 11. I've seen the two opposite sides. I've heard the opinions of the fans and critics. In that way, my mind is not being clouded. I'm at the right position to see what went wrong. Because the best place is being in the middle. In my list, I make sure that I'm not being biased. So, join me now. What are my five reasons? (Take note: these reasons are mostly applicable if the 'almost' elimination of Jessica was really 'genuine'. Not all of these will most likely be only theories if the dramatic save of Jessica was only staged or the votes were manipulated-because for some, that's what actually happened)

1. I'm a Filipino. Of course, most of you are already very much aware of that fact. I'm proud of it. But being proud of your nationality has a certain limitation. It's really wrong to over-do it. What's the connection? You still don't get it, do you? Let me enlighten you people. My fellow Filipinos are expressive of this especially when it comes to Jessica. "Proud to be Pinoy" they say. I would read in some Filipino(or Fil-Am) news articles or watch in Filipino tv shows that they only claim Jessica as "Filipino-American". But you're forgetting something here... Her father is Mexican(with some American blood). She will not even exist if not for her father. So, we owe it also to her Mexican blood. She's also technically an American because she was born in the US. She grew up there. The fact that the Filipinos acknowledge her as only "Filipino-American" without being a part Mexican is downright wrong. Imagine what will the Mexican feel whenever they will read, watch or hear something like that? It hurts so much. If you are in their position, wouldn't you feel the same? This might cause for the Mexicans to be discouraged from voting for Jessica. Afterall, they will not vote for someone, who doesn't have a Mexican blood since most people claim that she's Filipino-American. Why don't we make it right by being proud of her and remembering that we are all proud that she's a Filipino-Mexican-American? 

2. I am here in the Philippines. That means I can't vote for Jessica. But you know what? If only I am living in US, I will vote for her. What am I pointing out here? Simple. The fans who are qualified to vote and those who have the means to do that should not be too confident. EVERY SINGLE VOTE COUNTS! Please don't tell your self that your vote will not make any difference. You're wrong. Don't think that you don't NEED to vote because she has many fans who would already do that. Since you have the privilege to vote, exercise it. What if only one vote is needed for Jessica to escape from being eliminated? When I read some articles, people would be disappointed with the result of the voting. Instead of having that reaction, why don't you vote so there's a higher assurance that your bet will make it through?

3. I have always liked what Jessica sings every week. From Love You I Do by Jennifer Hudson, I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton (Whitney Houston's hugely successful version), Turn the Beat Around by Vicki Sue Robinson (Gloria Estefan's version), Everybody Has A Dream by Billy Joel, Sweet Dreams by Beyonce, to How Will I Know by Whitney Houston. But I had a problem with the last one that she sang which almost caused her Idol journey. I don't know why... Stuttering didn't appeal to me. Although, she really sang it well and many people praised her performance with that song. It was critically acclaimed but I think her song choice was one of the reasons why she was almost eliminated. So far, out of all the songs she sang in AI Season 11, Stuttering is the least known song. I can't say if the original artist who sang that is lesser known than the other original artists of the songs that she sang, I can't really say that because I'm not in the position. So, picking up the song that only 'few' people recognized would result to such consequence. Since, most people were not familiar with Stuttering, it was a bad idea. Hopefully, Jessica will not make the same mistake again. Otherwise, we will see her bid goodbye.

4. We have to admit that there will always be 'discrimination'. That will not totally be eradicated in people's lives. Jessica is of mixed blood. That might result to a lesser chance of making it through every week. For some Americans, she doesn't deserve to be there because 'American' Idol is for Americans only(purely American that is). Millions of people died and suffered because of discrimination and the fact that there are these people who discriminate is such a bad thing. I don't care if I sound like someone who stands up against discrimination because I'm very proud of it actually. One of my personal heroines is Anne Frank (the other one of my heroines is my Mother). She died at a very young age, fifteen years old, just because of her religion(she's a Jew. About 6 million Jews died during World War II, 1 million of them are children. The mastermind of such evil deed? No other than Adolf Hitler). I can't help but think that Jessica definitely doesn't deserve this discrimination. It's a very lame reason that she shouldn't be where she is now just because of her mixed blood and not a 100% American. What happened to the saying that we are all EQUAL in God's eyes?! Sadly, we must accept that this kind of thing is unavoidable. After all, the world isn't what it is if everything is good about it.

5. The last one... The last girl who won in American Idol was Jordin Sparks. That is five years or five seasons ago. For those who don't have any idea, 'most' viewers of AI are 'tweens/teens'. This is a huge problem for Jessica. Indeed. Of course, these girls will vote for the 'cute' guys. These guys might not be necessarily better than Jessica. SHE is BETTER. AI's image is actually tarnished in a way because it's really becoming a reality 'looks' competition instead of SINGING competition. It is about the talent. It is about being the whole package... a PERFORMER and not only a CHARMER! Well, what can we do? That's how it actually worked in five years and it might continue for years to come, like right this year/season. Can you imagine how very frustrating it is that in AI, in some seasons, the best among the contestants isn't the one who actually wins the title? It's wrong in every sense. But even though they wouldn't win, sometimes, they will even be 'more' successful than the winners themselves. And that's actually the funny part.

Btw, don't get me wrong. I am one of Jessica's fans. I support her and there's no doubt that she's a great singer...probably the best in her age, even the best in US(although there are some 'people' who disagree)...and in the whole world. She's also a performer. I almost forgot, she's a fashion icon too. I love her. Whether or not she will win this season of AI, she will have offers of recording contracts. When she chooses the right one, she might have the right songs in her album...she might even make it bigger than the AI winner this season(if ever she's not going to win).

Am I finished? Right now, I am. But who knows? Maybe there will be some changes...

So, do you totally agree with me, or you somewhat disagree, or you might not agree with me at all?

You can comment and let me hear your side. You can also share this post if you think that it's worth it. Peace. LOVE LOVE LOVE


*Related page:



*Related posts:



Comments

LHADY LIBRA YouTube Channel

DLSU Lady Spiker Desiree Cheng plus Kibree Appreciation Thread


Popular posts from this blog

The Sad Case Of Produce 48’s Huh Yunjin 허윤진 aka Kirin-chan

The Secret Circle book and tv series...

Christina Grimmie: A Month Since She Went Home To Be With the Lord

FHM Now Wants Nadine Lustre as its Cover Girl, A Fan Reaction: Thanks but no thanks

IN TIME: A JessTon/ColtJess (Jessica Sanchez-Colton Dixon) Fan Fiction