In Defense of Jessica Sanchez' ‘Racy’ Outfit

It’s never too late to defend someone being accused of something even if frankly, she’s innocent of that crime.

Aside from the elimination of Skylar and the tighter competition of the Top 4 of American Idol 11, Jessica Sanchez' ‘racy’ outfit during her performance of Proud Mary is one of the most talked about issue.

To be fair, I’ll try to weigh both sides. But before that, I have to share what I thought about it, personally speaking. I felt uncomfortable seeing Jessica wear that certain dress. I can’t exactly pinpoint the reason. The thing is it was not really suitable for her. It could be if she was older.

Now, we go to the trial of this ‘crime’. I didn’t expect that America will have that kind of reaction because to be honest, we are more conservative and they are way more liberated. So, it would be not that weird/awkward for them. It would be, in fact, generally acceptable. BUT, Jessica’s young age is the factor that made it really negative. Trust me, if she was around 18 or above, it will be okay.

I will not blame Jessica for that dress. The show has stylists that would guide the contestants with the clothes and accessories that they wear. They are a lot more responsible because they know more of what they are doing.

I have always admired Jessica’s style. I know that she has the sense of what’s the right one to wear. Maybe, at that particular time, she was led astray. It’s either she was too shy to refuse to wear that dress or she thought there’s nothing wrong with it.

Nevertheless, the one that I’m actually furious about is how Jimmy Iovine practically ‘embarrass’ her in front of millions of people. I mean, it’s SERIOUSLY WRONG! He should have thought it before he did that. Instead of discussing how she performed, because that’s what usually happens, he talked about Jessica’s ‘dress’ the whole time. Why use that segment about the appearance of the contestant and not whether her performances were good or not? He just said these things not considering how Jessica might feel.

I mean, come on. If I was in her place, I would literally locked myself inside my room and shut myself out from the world. She’s just 16! (I feel really terrible of Jessica with that kind of attention that she is getting right now)

I don’t know if it helped that Jennifer Lopez defended her look that night. Skylar was even asked about it, talking about the ‘talk-of-the-show’. All she said were good words, thankfully.

Even if this is a bad one, it’s still publicity. This is definitely a consequence she has to face. For some people, it was a bad one. But for me, there is a tiny bit of positivity in this. It could actually attract guys (teens) that would support her in the competition.  I don’t want to imagine it but they might have this idea (or fantasy) about her after they’ve witnessed that side of her. Who knows, even if Hollie is the beautiful’ one, guys can also be crazy about Jessica. And it added spice in her ‘dull/boring/shy’ personality that her haters/detractors never failed to point out. It would deliver a message to them that she can be fierce/sexy/hot too.

To end this post, I want to see Jimmy Iovine apologize for putting Jessica in a different spotlight. He could have warned Jessica about that dress before but he didn’t know anything. So, he doesn’t have the right to do that. If he will not feel sorry, at least, try to make it up to her next week. Make sure HE does his part to help her make a ‘moment’ again after Everybody Has A Dream. That way, it’s even.

I’ll burn him at stake if he will cause another trouble for Jessica. Beware of saying things on television especially about someone who is a minor Jimmy.

You notice that I’m not posting even one picture of her with that dress. Let’s us respect it at that.

We can’t just judge people by what they appear upon our eyes. When Jessica wore that dress, it doesn’t mean that she’s not already innocent. She still is. She is beautiful and sexy/hot in her own way. That doesn’t have to be dirty. For sure, there’s a valuable lesson on what happened. Let us learn from it.






Comments

LHADY LIBRA YouTube Channel

DLSU Lady Spiker Desiree Cheng plus Kibree Appreciation Thread


Popular posts from this blog

The Sad Case Of Produce 48’s Huh Yunjin 허윤진 aka Kirin-chan

The Secret Circle book and tv series...

Christina Grimmie: A Month Since She Went Home To Be With the Lord

FHM Now Wants Nadine Lustre as its Cover Girl, A Fan Reaction: Thanks but no thanks

IN TIME: A JessTon/ColtJess (Jessica Sanchez-Colton Dixon) Fan Fiction