The Secret Circle book and tv series...


As I always say...when a book is adapted into a movie or tv series, it will not be exactly as the original. In fact, sometimes...the adaptation would become far different from the book. In that case, it will either totally ruin the story of the book...which will very much annoy the loyal readers.

Why am I saying all of these? Well, after the Vampire Diaries of L.J. Smith, another one of her creations has been brought up to our tv screens...To the avid fans, i am sure you already know what am I talking about. But to those who are still not aware...I'm referring to The Secret Circle.

The Secret Circle's characters from left to right: Adam, Diana, Cassie, Nick, Faye, Melissa
(Credit to the owner)

And although the big difference is very evident from the book, I've grown to love this new tv series. I understand why some were changed...the book was needed to be expanded into 22 episodes. 

For those who have not yet read The Secret Circle book series...it's best if you read it first(especially the first book, the Initiation) before watching its tv adaptation.

In the book, I love the characters of Cassie(she is the lead female protagonist) and Diana(one of the supporting protagonists)...I am even pro-Cassie/Adam couple. 

The Secret Circle's characters from left to right: Faye, Cassie, Diana, Melissa
(Credit to the owner)

BUT...in the tv series, I still love Diana and in fact...even more. That is why I am now anti-Cassie/Adam because I am already a pro-Diana/Adam. I am not surprise that I suddenly got drawn away from Cassie's character in the tv series. What really shocked me is the fact that I am currently so drawn to Faye's character.

Faye is actually the "resident mean girl" or should I say the bad a** witch. We would all agree that she is not actually the main antagonist. Because deep inside her heart...she still has actually some good in her. It helps that she is being portrayed by Phoebe Tonkin in the tv series...

Phoebe Tonkin as Faye Chamberlain
in The Secret Circle
(Credit to the owner)

Phoebe is an Australian actress...She is best known for her as Cloe in H2O Just Add Water. The way she brings Faye to life in our tv screens...it's no denying that she's regarded by some as a breakout actress in the US. She is one of those who really stands out in the show. The way she delivers Faye's evil, sometimes hilariously funny, heartfelt, touching lines...she nails it. Her facial expressions...so natural and out of ordinary. 

Even though Faye looks/acts so evil...she actually has her soft side. And trust me when I say that she would be the very best friend you will ever have and also the very worst enemy you will ever have. Personally, she deserves to have a happy love life. She deserves someone. Faye also deserves a man...

Phoebe Tonkin as Faye Chamberlain
in The Secret Circle
(Credit to the owner)

So, with the help of Phoebe, I now love Faye in The Secret Circle...whether it'll be in the book or in the tv screen. She's now my most favorite and loved character in The Secret Circle both in the book series and especially in the tv series.

Shelley Hennig as Diana Meade
in The Secret Circle
(Credit to the owner)

And as I've also mentioned...I also love Diana and I love her even more in the tv screen. Again...it helped so much that she is being portrayed by Shelley Hennig. As the leader of the witch circle, she is so up against Faye. She is actually like the CPU in a computer because she kinda serves like the brain. She has a good character...smart...skillful...kind hearted. Overall, Diana is a good person...BUT i think that there would be a time where she would kind of shift into the bad side...and the most valid reason would be: ADAM. They've been in love for like forever but when Cassie came into their lives...she becomes a threat in their relationship. She becomes "the problem".

Diana deserves to have a happy ending regarding her love life. For me...Adam deserves her more than Cassie...I don't know if this will be a wishful(impossible) thinking for me in connection with The Secret Circle tv series.

Shelley Hennig as Diana Meade
in The Secret Circle
(Credit to the owner)

My comment regarding Shelley's portrayal is not really negative. I think she acts well. Nothing extraordinary..and at the same time, nothing mediocre. I am quite satisfied. But I am also waiting for some moment where she would really nail it...And this wouldn't be the moment when she and Adam break-up or get together again or just any moment with Adam regarding their relationship. I am actually convince and I think the role of Diana is so appropriate for her. 

BTW, Shelley is a beauty pageant titleholder. She's either the tallest among the girls in The Secret Circle or she's as tall as Phoebe.

Since I love Faye and Diana...I now officially support Phoebe and Shelley. I'll become their fan.

Going back to the Secret Circle...since vampires has been a trend because they become hits...It is refreshing to see and know that The Secret Circle is about witches...NOT VAMPIRES. 

I am not sure if putting The Secret Circle after The Vampire Diaries will be a good thing. Just imagine it...during Thursday night, I will be watching The Vampire Diaries back-to-back with The Secret Circle...Bloody vampires to magical witches...I am sure that my imagination will take me way beyond reality...

I love The Vampire Diaries book and tv series and now I also love The Secret Circle book and tv series.

Faye ALL THE WAY!!!! You're the most wicked witch that I know...But you're so cool! In the tv series, I do not mind Cassie. But I love her in the book series.

The Secret Circle FTW!

God Bless us all and be safe always... or else... =)

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Comments

LHADY LIBRA YouTube Channel

DLSU Lady Spiker Desiree Cheng plus Kibree Appreciation Thread


Popular posts from this blog

The Sad Case Of Produce 48’s Huh Yunjin 허윤진 aka Kirin-chan

Christina Grimmie: A Month Since She Went Home To Be With the Lord

FHM Now Wants Nadine Lustre as its Cover Girl, A Fan Reaction: Thanks but no thanks

IN TIME: A JessTon/ColtJess (Jessica Sanchez-Colton Dixon) Fan Fiction