Christina Grimmie Finally Wins a Teen Choice Award she deserves, We did it Fam and fellow Frands!

To Christina, dude, we miss you here and forever will be. This victory is probably sweeter for you because you got to share it with Jesus up there. Rawwk on and we will see you again when the time comes.
I don’t think I was ever as anxious of Teen Choice Awards as this one even though I’m way past my teen phase. I remember the first time I ever voted was eight years ago during the last High School Musical film because I was a huge fan back then. This year is a lot different for a very special reason.

*Check out this video tribute of her TCA win that I just made - Christina Grimmie finally wins Choice Web Star: Music at the 2016 TCA | Tribute Video

Christina Grimmie is probably one of the most under-appreciated or recognized and/or underrated singers out there. You’d think that with the incredible voice that she had, even much better than most of the more famous ‘singers’ now, she would be given a lot more credit and award for it. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works especially since even those people who really have no talent at all have become popular. I think that’s why Christina’s American Music Awards award was precious in many ways. At that time, she was just starting her career. Prior to the 2016 Teen Choice Award, she was already nominated twice. You’d wonder why she didn’t win, when she actually deserved it even during those times.

christina grimmie teen choice awards tca choice web star music

Hearing the news that she was nominated again this year was a sigh of relief especially since she had left this world to be with our Lord in heaven. I did not hesitate to do my part in voting. I also used my blog and YouTube channel to encourage others to do the same. I was more determined and I’m sure you were too. Deep in my heart, I knew that she had a bigger chance to finally win it this time. First, the fact that she is by Jesus’ side, there’s nothing more powerful than having our God in her favor. Second, I really believe that we were so eager and pumped up to give our all-out support for her to win this, not just because she truly deserves it but also because it would be a great token for all of us especially for her family.

Fast forward, Christina won the Choice Web Star: Music award. I’d bet she already knew it and she was just watching over us and smiling at the fact that we rejoice about this bittersweet victory. Yup. BITTERSWEET. As much as it is bitter that she was not here in this world to receive and savor this win, it’s also bitter that she only won it this ‘now’, not one or two years before. BUT it’s sweet that we got to UNITE and do this for her. It shows that she is forever remembered and treasured by all of us. This victory would, in one way or another, make us feel better (especially if we are still not over that phase). This is a comfort to her family too.

Now, I didn’t really want to discuss this but I’ll say a little about this issue. I am aware that a lot of people were disappointed and disgusted that during the event itself, Christina was not mentioned (though she was included during the promo) and given the proper tribute. Personally, I share the same sentiment. I mean, we would not have known that she won that award if the complete list of winners was not released! Like they said, it’s disgusting. If TCA didn’t have any plan of giving Christina a tribute or just mention her name as the winner, why would you even include her in the freaking promo? Was she only in the promo because TCA wanted to use her to encourage more viewers to watch the event? As many have pointed out in Twitter, that actually seems the case. I would not feel very disgusted about this if they just completely left her out in the promo. Where is their decency? Disappointed is definitely a huge understatement. They make me want to puke. It sucks big time. I wouldn’t mind a simple moment-of-silence or even a 15-30 second clip video tribute. They just had to mess it up. Thanks to whoever made that decision.

Back to the bright side, we should give each other a group hug. Great job fellow frands! We did it! Looking forward to the four music videos to be released and that independent movie that Christina is in. I hope we get to see The Matchbreaker. If she still has unreleased songs that she had recorded, it’d be better to also have those with us.

To Christina, dude, we miss you here and forever will be. This victory is probably sweeter for you because you got to share it with Jesus up there. Rawwk on and we will see you again when the time comes.



Comments

LHADY LIBRA YouTube Channel

DLSU Lady Spiker Desiree Cheng plus Kibree Appreciation Thread


Popular posts from this blog

The Sad Case Of Produce 48’s Huh Yunjin 허윤진 aka Kirin-chan

The Secret Circle book and tv series...

Christina Grimmie: A Month Since She Went Home To Be With the Lord

FHM Now Wants Nadine Lustre as its Cover Girl, A Fan Reaction: Thanks but no thanks

IN TIME: A JessTon/ColtJess (Jessica Sanchez-Colton Dixon) Fan Fiction