How Jane Oineza Inspired Me: The Jane Effect






Everyone else would ask, “Bakit ba addict ka kay Jane? Ano ba ang naitutulong niya sa ‘yo? Kilala ka ba niya?” In the environment that I’m in, I don’t have anyone who’s also a fan of Jane. Some of these people don’t like her. A friend asked me one time, “Bakit ka naging fan niya Ate?” Bakit nga ba?

I’m the type of fan who admires an artist or celebrity or athlete not on how they look… if they are extremely beautiful or handsome. I’m very loyal to whoever I support… and it lasts forever, though the intensity changes as time passes by. I’m a fan who recognize, appreciate, and celebrate beyond the physical appearance. I’d rather prefer someone who really has the talent/skill, who excels in it… BUT the most important factor for my unconditional love for an artist depends on whether she inspires a lot of people to become a better version of who they are. In my case, believe it or not, Jane has done good things in my life.

Jane just recently turned 18… on the other hand, I’ll be turning 23 this year. Like Jane, I was also bullied… backstabbed… and used. At the present, like Jane, I am a bookworm. Reading is one of my passions. One of the reasons why is because it serves as an alternate world for me… a refuge from a miserable reality there is. Like Jane, I’d like to have my own library in my room. I also collect books. I’m a huge Harry Potter book and movie series fan. I don’t really read romantic novels. I prefer mystery, detective, suspense, thriller ones that make me really flip the pages. I’m the eldest too. I also have two siblings. Like Jane, I have a younger sister and the youngest in our family is my brother. But it’s not these things that drew me towards Jane…

Admittedly, I had suicidal tendencies. I would get so depressed and experience emotional and nervous breakdown. I was a loner. It was very destructive for me. At 18, I thought I had the most miserable life. BUT seeing Jane’s journey… the struggles, rejections and all, mine’s nothing compared to hers. I should be ashamed of myself for acting like that before… because, when I look at Jane, I see her as being transformed into a young woman with a level of maturity, wisdom, strength, mental fortitude, and purity of heart like no other in her generation. Though she’s still a child at heart, her sense of responsibility and understanding is way beyond her age. Her experiences had thought her those.

Jane is a breadwinner who puts her family first before herself. Jane is an internationally acclaimed actress who has not been given the big break that will propel her to the ultimate stardom that she actually deserves much more. Jane is a muti-threat. But it’s not only her skills that make her a threat… She’s beautiful inside and out. She has a number of suitors and each of them are working hard to win her heart. Girls in her age would swoon over their guy admirers especially if one of these guys is a superstar in his field. They wouldn’t think twice and wait… They’ll just be too excited to have a boyfriend. BUT Jane knows her priorities. Besides, true love can wait. She values the opinion of her family, especially her parents. She’s also a very loyal friend.
Jane is misunderstood by many… mostly by people who are not close to her and those who wouldn’t try to be close to her. It’s either she was instantly judged negatively or these people were overcame with their insecurities.

It was obvious, with the negative edits on her in primetime, it seemed she was sabotaged. There was a manipulation and demolition job to put her in the bad light just because the show and its people don’t favor her. The ironic thing is, she strayed from the story that they want. So, they made used of the issues on her… A controversial housemate would do well for the rating. They surely benefited that much whenever Jane would be nominated. On the other hand, the bashers/haters love to crucify her. While us, who love her, like her, has been on a roller coaster ride. The emotion we’ve felt throughout, it’s draining but we’ve survived.

Seeing Jane emerged on this show as the victor, not just based on being the Big Winner, but on how she graciously handled everything inside and how she has become a much better person since. Shehas been waiting patiently for her time… I believe, this is only the platform that launched her to where she is meant to be. Now, she has gained a lot of fans. More people recognize her name. It’s a matter of time after this journey that a whole new different brighter journey would open for her. Whatever she’s been working hard before, the dreams she’s been reaching for her family… are within her grasp. No doubt, the heartaches would be replaced with everything good. Thank you God. Hello good Karma.

As for me, before Jane and PBB, I was still emotionally unstable who would think of suicide every time I get depressed. Because of Jane, I realized that if she can see through the negative and just bask in all the positivity and goodness in her life, I can too. If she could easily forgive those who have wronged her, why couldn’t I? If she wouldn’t hold grudges and be vengeful, why would I? It’s funny because I’m 22 but Jane, who’s 18, would be the one to teach me these lessons. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
At the present, instead of being down by negativity and suffer, I’d rather rejoice and focus on the blessings and positive thoughts. These adversities in life are only helpful tools.

She has conquered the hearts of many. She may not have won the title (the BBE and Power of One were put up against her to claim the title. If it weren’t for these two, she would have won. It was for the advantage of the other housemates. Online voting, e-pins by her global –outside the Philippines- fans were not utilized since a significant number of her votes come from them) but everyone knows that outside PBB, her star will shine the brightest. Everybody knows how consistent she is at the number one spot in each voting process. Everyone knows how strong and how many her fans had grown since the very beginning and arguably the largest and most vocal/supportive/protective fan base among the Big Four and the ex-housemates. Though it was indeed her against the BBE votes of the rest of the housemates… though it was what definitely prevented her from claiming the title, at the end of the day, we all know that what will really matter is after the Big Night. No matter what the result was, her fighting spirit and purity of her heart will prosper, and so are we.

I believe that there’s a silver lining to everything. I also learned long ago that at first, things may seem bad but eventually we’ll realize that it happened with a good purpose. We might have our own plans and it’s not surprising when they don’t materialize because we should remember that God has a much better blueprint. I mean, with her journey, I don’t think no one and nothing can stop her from soaring especially now that Jane has us. As long as she’ll never lose that patience, hard work, determination, strength and fortitude. She’s already a great young actress and she’s multi-talented. Most importantly, I admire the purity of her heart. She inspires me.

I’m a student journalist/writer, student leader, bookworm, and a homebody. I support Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza and she’s my Big Winner. 

Comments

LHADY LIBRA YouTube Channel

DLSU Lady Spiker Desiree Cheng plus Kibree Appreciation Thread


Popular posts from this blog

The Sad Case Of Produce 48’s Huh Yunjin 허윤진 aka Kirin-chan

The Secret Circle book and tv series...

Christina Grimmie: A Month Since She Went Home To Be With the Lord

FHM Now Wants Nadine Lustre as its Cover Girl, A Fan Reaction: Thanks but no thanks

IN TIME: A JessTon/ColtJess (Jessica Sanchez-Colton Dixon) Fan Fiction