My POV: Bias and Prejudice?



Things got a little out of hand. I lost control. It might be my mistake. It’s not like I can’t accept my defeat. I could embrace the result wholeheartedly IF ONLY it was really FAIR. But that wasn’t what happened. I had faith and I truly believe in what we accomplished in that place. Our projects...it CHANGED for the better.  It was far better than the others. Though our group wasn’t a very tight unit, our camaraderie was there. Personally, my dedication to it made me love the place. Yes, it isn’t the most majestic view you will see. But, I learned to embrace this paradise and its people especially the future of the world, these innocent kids. Our video presentation was the most unique among them all. So, where was the problem? Our defense? I admit, I’m not the greatest public speaker you will hear. But, we defended our project very well. It was a job well done. The two of us answered their questions. We justified the projects that we did and the programs that we implemented. I’ll be honest to say that it was not great, though. Still, as you compare it to the others, we had the edge. I will not question the team that got the first place. But the second place is something we at least deserved. At last, we were not given that recognition. Why? We were given an UNFAIR trial. I will not go as far as to mention names. I know that if I did that, I might really get in huge trouble. It will just be denied to the core.

Questions started to cloud my mind. Why is it that even a person who is educated and who has a high position (in which case, he should serve as a role model) has the guts to be biased? Why would people even respect someone like that? 

No one can stop me from ranting. The ones who will be terribly affected with this are those who are guilty of being this kind of person. I don’t care whoever you are. Your time’s up. Straighten up your act. If not, one day, you’ll pay. You might not feel remorse... That wouldn’t be surprising. Well, you might not even repent.

You think that I made such a fuss of what you did. But I’m not. You deserve these words as much as we didn’t deserve what you did to us. Remember, KARMA will bit back at you no matter who and what you are. If you are too numb to feel, don’t worry... wherever you go when you die, whether it’d to be heaven or hell, you’ll suffer there. By that time, I will be complete and satisfied.

Too bad, we didn’t have anyone on our side. I realized that one of them saw and appreciated our efforts. She did the right thing. Her mind wasn’t clouded. She opened it and gave everyone a chance. The other one is someone who surprised me. I don’t want to judge her. I know that she had good intention. I could feel that we were also at the top part of her list. I was actually happy of one of the things that she said during our defense. By then, I knew that the victory could be within our reach. If ever her side comment was true, I am thankful to her but it is already too late. The race is finished. You can’t resurrect the past but you could look back at it. Now, we go to my “most favorite” of all. Without the very last person in the list, things would have been MUCH better. He was rattled so badly when we went beyond the time limit. YES! All questions were asked. I thought we were done. BUT, I was taken aback when he asked his one and only question to our group. Add those to what he looked like after, not only I, but most of the members of our team, knew that he was threatened by us, and he might use that to do something with our score and ranking.

We were right.

I don’t even want to hear or read his name, much more, to see this person. I’m serious. So, am I already done with this? No!

You might say that I am being too harsh. Actually, this is not even enough.

You know what? I just hope that no one will fall as another victim of this kind of person. I don’t wanna see them hurt. In an instant, I will have sympathy with them. I know how painful it is. It may not shatter you into pieces but it will be dangerous enough to make you suffer. Believe me.

Writing is like my medicine. It can lessen the ache inside me. It’s not sufficient but as long as it’s in my life, I wouldn’t be that helpless…



Comments

LHADY LIBRA YouTube Channel

DLSU Lady Spiker Desiree Cheng plus Kibree Appreciation Thread


Popular posts from this blog

The Sad Case Of Produce 48’s Huh Yunjin 허윤진 aka Kirin-chan

The Secret Circle book and tv series...

Christina Grimmie: A Month Since She Went Home To Be With the Lord

FHM Now Wants Nadine Lustre as its Cover Girl, A Fan Reaction: Thanks but no thanks

IN TIME: A JessTon/ColtJess (Jessica Sanchez-Colton Dixon) Fan Fiction