Juliet's Tragedy, a story inspired by & based on Ramgen Revilla & Janelle Manahan's love story


Don't forget to comment and share this story to everyone you know just in case you would like it. Thank you and God bless us all. I hope you will enjoy reading this.



Juliet’s Tragedy
(by: Jermelle Frina S. de Peralta)

*This is inspired by true events…To be more specific, by Janelle Manahan and the late RamgenRevilla’s love story. Disclaimer: I based this from Janelle’s statements about Ramgen and their relationship. And from their love story featured in The Buzz(ABS-CBN). I really have no knowledge regarding the full story of their relationship. So, this story is not exactly the same with what happened in real life. Most of the statements of the characters from this story came from my imaginative mind. Only very few of these statements were taken from the exact words of Janelle and Ramgen.

The Destined Meeting

“Juls, come on! We’ve been working for 12 hours straight. Now’s our chance to relax and enjoy,” a friend of Juliet said as she was trying to persuade her.

“That’s precisely my point! I will use it to sleep. That’s what I really need,” Juliet pointed out.
            
“Don’t be a kill joy, Juls. We promise, if you will join us this time, we will not bug you the next time we decide to go out again.”
            
“Promise? Because it’s definitely annoying when you keep on insisting that I should also go with all of you in that bar,” she replied.
            
“Promise. You’ve been such a good friend to us and that would be a waste if you’re not gonna be with us there.”
            
“Fine. This will be the first and last time though.”
            
Neither did her friends nor Juliet know that the choice she made on that particular night would change the course of her life…..in ways that she could never imagine.



“Hey…” the cute guy said while he approached her.
            
She noticed that he looked familiar.
            
“Oh, hi,” she replied. Why do I suddenly get tongue-tied?
            
“Do you mind if I will give you some company?” She nodded. He went to sit beside her. “I guess we’re in the same boat.”
            
“What do you mean?” she asked him.
            
“I didn’t want to come here,” he answered. “I was forced to.”
            
She laughed softly. “Me too. You’re right. We really are in the same boat.”
            
“It’s meant huh?” he suddenly blurted out.
            
“That we ended up here tonight?”
            
“Yes. That and the other thing…” He looked down blankly on the floor.
            
“What other thing?” she asked curiously.
            
“Never mind…” He changed the subject. “By the way, I’m Rom.” He offered his hand.
            
She shook it. “I’m Juliet…” Their hands seemed to stick together like it was glued for some reason.
            
He stared at her for more than a minute. She could see through his dazzled eyes that somehow, he was transported to another dimension... a paradise, probably.
            
She felt it too. Is it just some kind of a spell? What if it’s something way beyond magic?
            
“Juls! We’ve got to go,” her friend interrupted.
            
That’s when he realized the odd thing…he is not letting go of her hand.
            
Her friend is oblivious of what’s going on with these two. “We have an early call time tomorrow for our show, remember?”
            
He released her hand but he was still looking at her.
            
“Direk will be furious if we will be late for our last taping,” her friend continued.
            
She is getting confused. “I know…”
            
“Wait. Have you been talking to Roms?” her friend grinned.
            
“Yes. We’ve been having a great time talking before you decided to butt in,” he answered.
            
Her friend chuckled. “Really?”
             
She doesn’t know exactly why but Juliet just became nervous. “Aren’t we leaving already?”
            
“Why don’t we take some pictures first of all of us together? It’s a good idea, isn’t it? We need to have a remembrance… This is a wonderful night,” her friend suggested.
            
And so, that was the first picture of Juliet and Romeo together.
            
“I’ll leave you for a second. I’ll be back,” her friend said.
            
“I have no idea that you know each other…” Juliet told him.
            
“We’re really not that close. We have some common friends. I didn’t know she would be here. I didn’t have any idea that she has a friend like you.”
            
They stood face to face.
            
“You don’t know that we are in the same tv show together?”
            
“Nope. I really don’t like to watch tv.”
            
“Why not?” she asked him.
            
“Well, considering that I’m from a prominent family… I hate to see all the craziness that is being thrown to us. As of now, I’m already contented watching from the sideline,” he explained.
           
That’s when she knew why he looked familiar.
            
“Does that mean you have no knowledge that I’m in showbiz?”
            
“Not really.” He has that charming smile again. “Listen, can I get your phone number? Believe it or not, I was stupid to not ask your friend for your number because I didn’t know.”
            
“No problem.”  



She was about to close her eyes so she could already sleep when she received a text message.
            
Am I disturbing you? I just wanted to say good night. I know you need to sleep early for tomorrow. But I took my chance to text you. –Rom
            
What is she going to say? It’s 11:05 in the evening. He surprised her.
            
She replied. Thank you and it’s okay. You’re not a disturbance. Glad to know that you took the chance =)
            
=) It’s actually worth taking especially when it’s about you… I’ll try not to be a nuisance to you tomorrow and for the next days to come. I’ll keep in touch. Sweet dreams to the lovely angel…
            
What is it about him that makes her feel like she’s never been in love before? She answered herself… Maybe, I was really not in love. But that would be unfair…to her ex-boyfriends, wouldn’t it?
            
When she was still unknown, she had her first boyfriend. Not long after she decided to join a reality talent show on tv, they broke up. During her journey towards becoming a celebrity, she developed a feeling for a guy that she also had to compete against the title of being the winner in that talent search. She didn’t make it into the finals. After the contest, she was given projects. Her relationship with the guy got more complicated. Along the way, they had to go through no ordinary bumps. They were both too young and less matured. Juliet and the guy broke it off.
           



The First ‘Unofficial’ Date

When she woke up, the first thing that she thought of is Rom. She was so excited in spite of her four-hour sleep. After she took a bath, she checked her phone. She was hoping that Rom sent her a message. But as she discovered that out of the estimated 10 text messages that she received, there was nothing from Rom…she became disheartened.
            
She was on her way to their shooting location. While she was listening to her iPod, her phone vibrated. She just received a text from Rom. There was an urge for her not to read his message. 

Her cousin, who was sitting beside her in the car, drew her attention. “When I was passing by your room, I heard you singing cheerfully in your bathroom. That was before you checked your phone. Since then, you looked like you’re going through such huge problem.”

“There’s no need to worry…” Juliet replied.

She turned off her iPod. What’s wrong with me? Why am I so affected?

Before she could answer herself, she began reading his text. Hey. It took some time for me to text you ‘cause I just found a way to ask for your schedule today. I wanted to surprise you. Don’t be shocked when I will visit you on your set tonight. There’s this one other thing… After your taping, will you go out and have dinner with me at a special place? I can ask permission from your family if you want…just in case you needed to have their approval.

She didn’t know why…but her mood lightened up.    There’s no need for you to ask their permission. I’ll tell them. They’re not too strict. I’m pretty sure they’re gonna let me. See you later. =)



“Roms’ here for you. Why didn’t you tell me he’ll be here?” her friend and co-star asked her.

“It was also a revelation to me. I didn’t know,” she replied.

“Is there something going on between the two of you?”

“Is that some kind of a joke?” She let out a sarcastic laugh.

“You know it isn’t. If I’m not mistaken, you just met last night. But it seems like you’ve known each other for forever.”

“We’re still getting to know each other. Don’t you think it is too early for us to get past friendship now, if ever?” Juliet answered.

“Well, let me be updated if you’re already more than that? Enjoy!”



“Where are we going?” she asked him.

“You’ll see…”

They arrived in a high-class restaurant. She noticed that there were no other costumers other than them.

“My cousin owns this place. I asked a favor from him.”

He offered her a seat.

The room was so radiant. It was lovely.

“Wait a minute…Where are the waiters or the cooks? They are supposed to be here.”

“They went home. This place is reserved for us tonight,” he replied.

“Let me guess...you’re going to serve everything…” He beamed. “Don’t tell me you were the one who cooked the food?”

He brought the food on the table. When he opened the cover of the main dish, she saw that it was a steak.

“I’m a master of steaks.” He went to sit on his chair.

“Really? Then, I think I should start eating it now so that your claim will be proven…” she teased him.

She took a bite. On the other hand, he was eager of her reaction.

“So, is my steak worthy of your taste?”
            
“Definitely,” she agreed.
           
            

He insisted on getting her home safely.
            
“Why do they call you Rom?”
            
“Probably, because it’s short and convenient?”
            
“But, it actually sounds like the famous place in Italy!” she laughed hysterically.
            
“Well, Rome is a delightful place, isn’t it?”
            
“Yes, it’s charming.” She just looked at him while he was driving.
            
I was wrong. He’s not just cute. He’s attractive. What’s up with those fire burning eyes and his knee-weakening smile?



           
The Hidden Message
            
When they were standing in front of the gate of her family’s house, he gave her a bouquet of flowers. There was a card in it.
            
“Don’t read the card unless you’re already inside your room,” he reminded her.
            
“Yeah, I will. Goodbye. I had a great time,” she told him.
           
            

Inside her room…she was lying on her bed when she read the card.
            
Lovely angel, I’m grateful that you came into my life. I know that this will sound weird since we’ve just met yesterday, but the more I spend my time with you…the more I want to know you. And the more I do that, the more you’re drawn to me. What do I really want to say? The feelings get stronger. The understanding of my mind with my heart gets deeper. Whether or not you are going through the same way, don’t be astonished when I’ll be truthful to myself and to you. I’ll see you again soon. –Rom
             
Juliet writes poem during her spare times. Deciphering the true meaning of the classical poems is a joyful task for her. And it is something that she gets better at as she is being used to it.
            
What that card contained is something that made her feel restless.

            

How’s the lovely angel doing? Did you manage to sleep after you read that cryptic-like message of mine? By the way, I have been working on something….a project or two for next year. Of course, I’ll still be keeping in touch with you. Why wouldn’t I? =) I’ll be annoying you again soon. Have a great day. I couldn’t imagine an angel having a bad day. After all, you’re an angel. So, they are supposed to be beatific, right? =)
            
That’s what he texted her on the second day since they met. She’s supposed to get annoyed but she’s not. She couldn’t. She was glad…and it was his fault.
           
            

“So what’s your plan for next year?” her cousin asked her.
            
“There’s nothing definite. I’ve been thinking of a lot of things. I haven’t decided yet.”
            
It’s the evening of December 30. They were watching a movie when the doorbell rang. When her cousin went back, she was already holding a box of pizza.
            
“Who ordered the pizza?” Juliet asked her cousin.
            
“I have no idea. The guy said that this was already paid.”
            
“Paid by whom?”
            
“I don’t know. Maybe you have an idea…”
            
Before she could answer, her phone vibrated. I’ll guess…maybe the text is from him.
            
She’s right. I got home from the meeting a while ago. I just finished cooking my specialty…steak =) I thought of delivering this to you, just in case you haven’t eaten your dinner yet. But then, I sensed that you’re already finished eating your evening meal. And maybe the pizza has finally arrived in your house. In advance, you are very much welcome…just in case you’ll be thanking me for what I have done =)
            
She immediately replied, Well, it’s really rude to refuse a blessing…so, thank you for the pizza. I didn’t request for it but you did what you did…..I wouldn’t elaborate it further. So, how was the meeting?
            
It ended smoothly. I’ll tell you all the details soon. Meanwhile, what’s your plan this New Year?
            
Why? Do you have a plan laid out for me, because if you do, you better tell me now? I could save myself from all the rush.
            
I’ll be grateful to do that! What better way to celebrate New Year than to be your knight-in-shining-armor?




The Blissful Day
            
New Year and the days past….Juliet’s manager talked to her.
            
“There are two projects. With the first one, you need to audition for the role. Regarding the other one, you are offered a role…you just need to accept it. Let me know what you think after…maybe a week? I’ll give you time to decide.”

            

The night before the seventh day of January, Rom called.
            
“Are you free tomorrow?” he asked.
            
“Why? Are you going to whisk me away?”
            
“Reserve it for me, okay?”
            
“You’re not gonna kidnap me, are you?”
            
“Of course not!” He took a deep breath. Then, he said, “Just prepare for tomorrow. I don’t want you to faint.”
            
“Be sure that it would be worth it,” she told him.
            
“I guarantee…”

            

“Where are you going to take me?” she asked him.
            
“You can sleep while I’m driving. It’ll take a few hours before we get there,” he replied.
            
She turned on her iPod. Then, while listening to her favorite songs, she slept.
            
As they arrive, she found out that they are in Tagaytay. She wonders… What is the special occasion? Why do we have to travel this far?
            
“I love the fresh air… This moment takes me back to our province where I grew up,” she said frankly.
            
She spread her arms and closed her eyes. She wanted to feel the cool wind around her.
            
He was pleased to see her being carefree.

“Why did you take me here?”

“Can you wait ‘til afternoon?”

“If you say so… Thank you for this. I appreciate it so much,” she said gratefully.



He wrapped his arms around her while they bask the glorious setting of the sun.

“Before this day ends, I only have one important question for you,” he said peacefully.

“What is it?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked her.

She didn’t expect it.

“Why are you so quiet?”

“It’s just that… you take me by surprise most of the time,” she explained.

“Is it such an amazement to you that I love you?”

“If we were older, I would say that this is a proposal…” she replied. She turned her head to face him. “I love you too. I’m such a hopeless romantic. You can already make me say yes with your question without having to drag me all the way up here…”

“But I wanted to make it more special. And it worked better,” he told her happily.

She turned to look back at the sunset.

“Have I told you about the time when I was one of those from a show before, who went to a girl’s house?”

“Not yet.”

“Well, she just graduated from high school and she was an honor student… I was so delighted for her. I remembered when I was eliminated from the talent search. I said in one of my interviews that I still wanted to finish my education. I’m sure you definitely understand what I’m saying… Staying in showbiz is not a certainty. You could lose your popularity. From that, where would you fall back into? If you managed to finish your studies, you still have something that will ensure you in case you are out from the entertainment industry.”

“I see where you’re heading…”

“My manager and I talked a few days ago. I have a week to come up with my decision,” she said softly.

“You already have one…”

“Yes. I have it just now,” she admitted. “I’ll leave showbiz temporarily. I’ll prioritize my education. If I still have something to come back to in the show business, I’ll come back. But I need to finish my studies first. When I think about everything now, it feels good.”

“I respect it and I respect you so much. That’s a good news… I’m not selfish but I’m a jealous guy. Even though I really don’t watch tv, I don’t think I could handle it when you’re teamed up with another guy. The people…the media likes to scrutinize. Our privacy would be invaded. Our morality, our judgments would be questioned. It’s better this way,” he told her.

Then, he asked, “And about us?”

She understood her question, so, she replied, “It’s something that I never have to choose from.”

They walked hand in hand towards his car. They drove back to the city.




The Precious Bracelet

“My family wants to meet you,” he revealed.

“Are you kidding? Seriously?”

“Don’t you want to?”

“It’s okay. It’s actually nice.”

“Then, let’s head to our house now,” he said thrillingly.

“I thought you are referring to the future or soon. But now?”

“I have this all worked out. Don’t worry,” he assured her.



Good morning lovely angel =) Today is another special day! Just in case you need to be reminded, it is our first monthsary! I have a surprise for you. But I will not say what it is. You could spend the whole day guessing… That would keep your mind off while I’m still finalizing some arrangements. I love you beyond my last breath. <3 See you later

She couldn’t help but smile when she read his text. He never ran out of revelations. She must be used to it…..but she’s not. His sweetness never gets old. There’s always something new.

It’s been a month since they became officially together. Their relationship is in the beginning of a journey. So far, they are sailing through a calm ocean. But, as they say, the voyage is not complete without stormy weathers and monstrous waves.



“This is a big fortune cookie… What did you put inside it?”

“I’m not supposed to tell. You should discover it yourself,” he told her.

“Okay. Fine…”

He observed her as she cracked the fortune cookie. She was impassive. He said to himself, Don’t tell me she didn’t like it? He felt crashed.

She was still staring at the content of the cookie. Did she suddenly forget that he was with her? “Did I choose the wrong thing?”

That’s when she came back to her senses. She stood up and then, she walked towards him.

She looked up at him and said, “Thank you.” He held both her hands. She continued, “You know, it doesn’t have to be this beautiful. The thought already counts so much to me. But with this…words are not enough.”

“You’ll always wear it, especially when I’m temporarily not there with you?” he asked her.

“Yes, I will.”




The Cherished 19th Birthday
            
He was woken up by the continuous ringing of his phone. As he listened to the assigned ringing tone of the caller, he knew that it was her.
            
“Hey angel,” he greeted. “Your timing is impeccable. I was just in the middle of my long-deserved sleep.”
            
“Funny...”
            
“Just try to keep up with my humor, okay?”
            
They both laughed heartily.
            
“Well, Mr. Humor Guy, Happy Birthday! I love you.”
            
“Gee, thanks. That already made my entire day!” He rose up from his bed, and then he continued, “What’s in it for me?”
            
“Don’t be too enthusiastic. Get here by 6pm sharp. Don’t make me wait for too long,” she told him.
            
Sounds exhilarating,” he replied.
            
“Which?” she asked.
            
“Your top-secret plot….Did I mention how I love listening to your voice?”
            
“I don’t think so.”
            
“Now that I’ve thought of it, will you sing for me tonight?” he requested.
            
There was a moment of silence.
            
“Okay. No problem.”
            
“Yay! An angelic voice is not something to escape from. What a lucky and blessed day for me. I could already feel it,” he said gleefully.
            
“I’ll call you back later especially if you’re gonna be late,” she reminded him.
            
“I love you,” he said.

            

“So, this is how we celebrate my birthday…”
            
“Isn’t it fun?”
            
“By fun, do you mean, cooking food together?” he asked her.
            
“What else? Isn’t it obvious?”
            
“So, how about my gift?” he sounded thrilled.
            
“Which gift?” she asked innocently.
            
“Don’t tell me you don’t have any gift for me?” he said alarmingly.
            
“I do. Don’t be worried.”
            
“Well…then, when will you give it to me?”
            
“What if we finish what we are doing first?”
            
“That’s a good idea…only if you’ll sing for me while we are doing this.”
            
“What is your song request?” she asked him.
            
“Hmmm…. At The Beginning?”
            
“You’re not sure?”
            
“I am. So, will you sing it for me now?” he requested.
            
We were strangers starting out on a journey. Never dreaming what we’ve had to go through. Now, here we are, I’m suddenly standing at the beginning with you. No one told me, I was going to find you. Unexpected, what you did to my heart. When I lost hope, you were there to remind me. This is the start.
            
And life is a road that I wanna keep going. Love is river I wanna keep flowing. Life is a road. Now and forever…wonderful journey. I’ll be there when the world stops turning. I’ll be there when the storm is through. In the end, I wanna be standing at the beginning with you.

We were strangers on a crazy adventure. Never dreaming how our dreams would come true. Now, here we stand…unafraid of the future…at the beginning with you.

As she was in the middle of the song, he started to sing with her. Their voices blended…their hearts were filled with those sweet words.

And life is a road that I wanna keep going. Love is river I wanna keep flowing. Life is a road. Now and forever…wonderful journey. I’ll be there when the world stops turning. I’ll be there when the storm is through. In the end, I wanna be standing at the beginning with you.
            
Knew there was somebody somewhere…a new love in the dark. Now, I know my dream will live on. I’ve been waiting so long. Nothing’s gonna tear us apart.

            

They didn’t manage to finish what they were cooking as he dragged her towards him. She stopped singing when she realized that he was humming. She was already so close to him. She could feel his chest…that’s where her head is on. It’s as if his heart’s shouting her name with so much pride.  
            
He held her like she’s some long-lost treasure that he just found and didn’t want to be stripped away from him…because if it did, he would be broken.
            
“I am blessed with you and your love,” she whispered.
            
The Earth seemed to stop rotating. Things ceased to exist in their own world revolving around each other…. As the full moon looks down…two people were surrounded by overflowing love.




The Burning Heart

Happy Valentine’s Day lovely angel =) This will be our first Valentine’s together. I’m really looking forward for this day. I’m pretty sure, you are too. Anyways, just to be different, I’ll let you decide what we should do today. I’ll pick you up at 10am =) I love you beyond my last breath <3



He led her to a beach. As they were making their way towards the table that was set, intentionally, by the beach, she gave him a look and said, “I thought I would be the one to decide?”

As they reached the table, he answered, “It doesn’t matter now, does it? Just look at these…the view…what I prepared for us…” He winked.

She gazed at what’s in front of her. The sun is already setting...its reflection can be seen on the still ocean.

When they were already sitting, she became aware that all her favorite foods are right before her eyes. She was in a great awe… It took some time before she found the words to say, “Are you going to make me fat?”

“I have no intention of doing that,” he said impishly.

“It doesn’t seem like it…”



He placed a blanket on the sand, they both sat on it. They snuggled…her head was resting on his shoulder. “I’m wearing the bracelet…” she told him.

“Yeah, I observed,” he replied.

“Are you not fed up of pampering me?”

“I’ll let you know…” he teased her.

She gratifyingly hit him on his arm as she pulled away.

“Ouch! What’s that for?” he asked in disbelief.

“For being so loving…caring…so sweet…” she rested her head back on his shoulder. She continued, “For just being you….”

As they sat face to face, he replied, “Me…I…who would shield & protect you even if it will cause me my own life. I, who takes care of you and who loves you… I, who gets a part of my strength from you...”

“Very true…”

The sparkling night watched as these two people sealed everything with a fiery kiss of love.




The Long-awaited Debut

During the next months, Juliet would go to his house and have some getting-to-know-each-other basis with his family. She became closer to some of his siblings.

As she started going back to school, he, on the other hand, was busy with his two projects. But they’re not too busy to still have time together.

One night, while they were having their dinner together, she told him, “I received a text… They were asking why I chose to stop my showbiz career at the moment.”

“You told them about your reason?”

“Yes. I wanted to reserve my time for my studies and I also mentioned you.”

“At least they are already aware. You don’t have anything to hide…” he declared.

“Thanks…”



Hey lovely angel =) Happy 18th birthday! Where do you want to go tonight? I’ll let you choose…for real. See you later <3 I love you



“Where are you taking me?” Juliet asked her cousin.

“To the mall? We’ll be buying my gift for you,” she replied.

“Isn’t it supposed to be a surprise?”

“No, it doesn’t have to be…” Juliet gave her cousin a look. “You already have a different surprise…”

“I wonder….” Juliet asked herself silently.



“Why is it that he’s not replying ever since he texted me earlier in the morning?”

“Maybe because he’s working on something? He loves you so much that he takes every celebration seriously…” her cousin told her. “Relax. He’ll show up. He would not miss your birthday.”

It was already 6pm when they decided to go home. Juliet wanted to, anyway. She couldn’t figure out why Rom hasn’t contacted her yet. If she was not mistaken, she requested that she could not think of anything other than to spend her debut with the people who are close to her heart. It doesn’t need to be extravagant.



“Surprise!” they all greeted her as she walked inside their house.

From the outside, the house looked like there’s no life in it because of the absence of light. But inside it, on her very special day of entering adulthood, her friends and some family members were there.

There’s just this one thing that she immediately noticed… “Where is Rom?”

She tried to look for him everywhere with no luck. As the party ended on 11pm, Rom is still not around.

“Where the hell is he?” she asked alarmingly.

“Juls, there’s a problem outside. Can you go and fix it?” her cousin asked.

“Why does it have to be me?”



There and then, she saw Rom by the gate. Fireworks were suddenly giving color to the night sky. The dark evening was being filled with hue.

He approached her while he’s holding on to something behind his back.  

“I know that you like poetry…so, instead of buying anything expensive, I wrote a letter. I tried to make it as poetic and romantic as I could…”

Joyful tears started to fall from her eyes.

As she touched the letter that he made for her, he continued, “I did what you wanted for today… I just want you to be happy.”

“I love you beyond my last breath… Happy birthday lovely angel.”




The Ticking Clock

Juliet has a constant communication with her showbiz friends and her former bosses from the tv network she was in. She is welcome to come back anytime.

There’s this very minor role in a new teleserye. It would be televised next year. She decided to accept it. After all, it wouldn’t really affect her academic schedule. Days continue to past…

I’ve got all that I need, right here in the passenger’s seat. Oh, and I can’t keep my eyes on the road, knowing that she’s inches from me…. The song Passenger’s Seat by Stephen Speaks is playing inside the car.
            
“This will be our first Christmas together…” he said while he’s behind the wheel.
            “Yeah, time can either be slow or fast sometimes. I didn’t really notice that it has been almost a year already since…you know,” she replied.
            “
Did it seem long for you?” he asked her.
            
“I’m not sure… A lot of things have happened. Big decisions were made….life-altering, actually. “
            
“Including me?” he teased her.
            
She let out a heartily laugh. “Yes. It’s one of those things that I do not and will not regret.”
            
“I thought so… I’m one of the best things that happened in your life,” he said confidently.



Three years later…..

“Hello?” Juliet’s father answered her phone.

“Hello. Is this Juliet’s father?” Rom asked.

“Yes. So, you’re Romeo…” her dad said.

“Yes, Tito. Did she get home safely?”

“Yeah, don’t worry. She arrived here without any bruises or anything.”

“That’s good to know Tito. Is she out somewhere?” he asked him.

“She left her phone here at the house because she needed to charge it. She went out with her cousins.”

“Well, I’ll check up on her again Tito. Thanks.”

“Okay. I’ll tell her that you called.”

“Thanks Tito. Merry Christmas and advance Happy New Year. Bye.”

            

“He called you while you were gone…. He’s protective, isn’t he?” her dad asked her when she arrived.
             
“Yes…but not too much. That’s a good thing,” she replied.
            
“That’s right…because if it’s too much, it will be so damaging.”
           
            

“I miss you already. My days become months without you…” he told her longingly.
            
“I’ll get back there soon. Okay?”
            
“I feel so incomplete… I want to see you… I want to be close to you… If I have a magical power to do that, I’ll use it without second thoughts.”
            
“Have you been watching Harry Potter?” she asked him.
            
“The problem is…..my life is a burning hell if you’re not here with me.”
            
“Oh…I get it. You’ve been reading a lot of classical romance books lately…” she joked.
            
“Of course not…. Why? Is it because I’m being melodramatic right now?”



           
Their 4th year Anniversary
            

Happy 4th year anniversary babe =) I love you more than ever <3. See you later
            
When she read his text, her mind automatically flashed back to those four years. The path they walked on wasn’t an easy one. And it still isn’t. As the drive gets longer, the certainty gets more visible.
            
I feel that I have always walked alone. But now that you’re here with me, there’ll always be a place that I can go. And suddenly our destiny has started to unfold. When you’re next to me, I can see the greatest story love has ever told. Now my life is blessed with the love of an angel. How can it be true? Somebody to keep the dream alive…the dream I found in you. I always thought that love would be the strangest thing to me. But when we touched, I realized that I found my place in heaven by your side…..I’d walk a thousand miles to hear you call my name. And now that I have finally found the one who will be there for me eternally, my everlasting sun. Heaven By Your Side by A1, he sang this song for her as they make their way towards the veranda.
            
It was a chilly night…it was expected that she would be caged in his arms. The sparkling stars joined them in their celebration….and so was everything else around.
            
“I’ve been thinking of entering the crazy world of politics…” he started the conversation.
            
“You do?”
            
“Yes. I want to serve the people…I want to help them. I care for the people in my place.”
            
“I know….. Are you asking for my opinion?”
            
“What do you think?”
            
“Running for Councilor next election…hmmm…it isn’t a bad idea. Once you’re in there, it’ll be hard to let it go. The danger is the one thing that I fear.”
            
“If I agree to it…will you….” he asked hesitantly.
            
“Yes, I’ll support you all the way. I will not stop you if that’s what you really want,” she said frankly.
            
“It’s a big decision to make… I’ve considered a lot of things for it. You’re one of them…WE are one of those vital considerations…” He was trying his best to keep her from a shock. “If I won, we’ll marry….I’ll marry you.”
            
“Wow….that is such a plan…” that’s only what she could manage to reply.
            
“When I imagine it…we’ll be having our own family, I am so excited and ecstatic. It will be wonderful.”
            
“It crossed your mind?”
            
“It didn’t just cross. It is in my mind. Even if I turn my brain upside down or in 360 degrees…I see us together in the future. If that’s not going to happen, I’d rather embrace what we have now….”

            

“You’ve been talking about politics…and marriage?” her mother asked her.                     
            
“Yeah. Politics is in their blood. I wasn’t surprise at all. But what really shocked me was when marriage was involved in the conversation. Who would have thought that he has that in his mind?”
            
“Seems like he made up his mind already…”
            
“Definitely… I’m not even sure what to think. Isn’t it one of the things that the girl would love so much when the guy offered her to a blessed union or sacrament in marriage? That’s what she wanted from the man she loves.”
            
“Politics is full of perils… Marriage…it is not simple. As always, I’ll support you all the way. I trust your judgment,” her mother said.
            
“Thanks Mom. You never failed me. I could count on you every time.”




The Cool Summer
            
“Surfing is so much fun. Thanks for bringing me here,” she said.
            
“It’s not a problem. We both deserve to enjoy this much…”
            
As they look at the waves hitting the shore, the couple embraces each moment.
            
“The next time we come here...maybe we’ll have at least a daughter or a son. He or she will have a great time here with us,” he mentioned.
            
“You’ll be a great father. One that is loving and responsible…”
            
“Thanks babe….for believing in me. Thanks for the trust and faith.” He held her hand firmly. “You’ll be the greatest wife and mother…”
            
“All these conversations about the future make me want to hope for the time to run faster…” she replied.
            
“What an amazing and beautiful thing having my own family with you. It’ll be our family. As early as now, I know that it will make a much better existence…”
             
She nodded in agreement.
            
“I love you so much. Words and actions aren’t enough…it isn’t enough to justify the depth of my feelings for you… Keep in your mind and heart that you’re still the one even beyond my lifetime.”
            
As they walked back to their cottage…not only were their hands intertwined…but their lives too.
           



The Revealed Truth
            
“What’s the matter? You look unsettled… You’ve been acting strange for the past days,” she noticed.
             
“Every problem that I have, it has something to do with my family. It seems like we never ran out of one,” he answered.
            
“Is it about your mother or some of your siblings?”
            
Whatever’s bugging him, he shared it with her. There are no secrets kept from each other. They have an open relationship that is not made up of lies.
            
“Why don’t you stay in a different house even for just about a week or more? It would make a big difference. You don’t get along well. Take a break by distancing yourself from them…at least for the moment,” she suggested.
            
“I also thought of that…but I’m concerned with my youngest siblings. Who would take care of them when I’m far away? I’ve taken the responsibility of becoming the head of the family…of somehow being a father to my siblings…..”
            
She could see how hard it is for him. There were times when she, herself, witnessed the conflicts and arguments within his family. Right at this moment, she could feel how lost he is.
            
“There’s no sense of direction…there’s no order. I try to discipline them but with no great result. Don’t they see how I am doing all that I can to make this a better family? How can correcting their wrongdoings be a bad action? They are hard-headed. They don’t listen… They just can’t see that it is for their own good.”

The deep wound in his heart is painful enough. It was already a huge comfort when she squeezed his hand. As it happened, he regained the power that was gone. Then he said gently, “When I face my fears and I become weak, I run into you because where would I draw my strength from other than you? When I’m most vulnerable and at my worst, without the light to guide me, you become my vision.”

Grey turned to white… His spirit is reflected with the return of the glow.

“Without you, there would be no peace in me.”




The Last Day
            
She was awakened by the ringing of her phone. Instantly, she knew that it was him.
            
“Hello babe. Good morning,” he greeted her.
            
“Same. Is there a problem?” she asked him.
            
“Can you please give me some company for today? I feel alone…” he said.
            
“You had another disagreement with your family…”
            
“Not a big shocker… Each day, it gets worse,” he replied.
           
            

“Any idea of what we should do today?” he asked for her opinion.
            
“Why don’t we just stay here and have a movie marathon?” she suggested.
           
            

While they were sitting very closely on the couch, he said, “I just want to really enjoy this day. As much as I can, I would keep off my mind from those craps… I’m sure you already know what I’m referring to.”
            
The couple ate their lunch. As they continued watching a foreign movie, “Did I mention the song The Way I Do by Marcos Hernandez?”
            
“That’s one of the songs you’ve been listening to lately, right?”
            
“Yes. Do you want to listen to it? It’s a beautiful song,” she said.
            
“Well, if you say so,” he agreed.
            
She was right. The moment he heard the first line, right at that time he knew…it was the song that best describe what they did to each other.
            
He fell in love with the song. Singing it over and over again is the proof.
            
“What are you going to do with your phone?” she asked.
            
“My phone is for recording…I’ll sing,” he answered.

Your kiss, your smile, your mind… You're sunlight in my eyes. I miss your breath on my neck when we whisper in the night. Didn't wanna want you. Didn't wanna need you so bad. Didn't wanna wake up and find that I was falling so fast. Didn't wanna need you. Didn't wanna need anyone. Now, look what you've done.

Now I can't go on without you. I'm naked, I can’t fake it. I'm not that strong without you. Never thought I could love you the way I do.

Your touch, your skin, can't believe the way you let me in. Don't rush tonight. I need you like the ocean needs the tide. Didn't wanna want you. Didn't wanna need you so bad. Didn't wanna wake up and find that I was falling so fast. Didn't wanna need you. Didn't wanna need anyone. Now look what you've done.

Now I can't go on without you. I'm naked, I can’t fake it. I'm not that strong without you.

Never thought I could love you the way I do.

I always thought I would stand on my own. Climb a mountain top all alone. Relying…depending on no one. Now, look at what you've done.

Now I can't go on without you. I'm naked, I can’t fake it. I'm not that strong without you.

Never thought I could love you the way I do.

Never thought I could love you. Never thought I could need you. Never thought I could want you the way I do.

Never thought I could love you. Never thought I could need you. Never thought I could want you the way I do.

I love you… I need you… I want you...the way I do.

I love you… I need you… I want you...the way I do.

                

As the no-ordinary evening came into view, Juls and Rom can be found inside his room. After eating their dinner, they were lying on his bed. But there was nothing dirty about it.
            
“I have a plan of getting a tattoo. I want to have one,” she started the conversation.
            
“Honestly, I do not agree with you on that one,” he replied.
            
“Why?” she asked.
            
“Because it will somewhat ruin your smooth skin. You’re perfect as you are. You don’t need to have a tattoo.”
            
“Well, then, if you’re against it, what do you suggest?” He couldn’t answer. “Okay, I’ll think of a quote. You’re gonna inked it on my rib or somewhere on my side.”
            
“Okay.” He stood up to get a pen.
            
As she was saying the quote, she thought that he was also scribbling it but she was wrong… What was written is this:

I love you
- Ram Revilla

Forever



“I was supposed to go to La Union…”

“Yes, but it didn’t materialize because you’re here with me,” he grinned.

“I didn’t intend to sleep here tonight…” she pointed out.

“That’s another yes….but now you’re going to…because of me. I managed to convince you.”

“You didn’t even have to exert so much effort to do that….” she revealed.

Together, they both laughed so hard with the last thing she said… It was true. It was not surprising at all.



“Do you know babe?” he asked her. She was wrapped around by his strong arms. She could feel the warmth despite the chill of Rom’s room.

“What?”

“I could embrace this moment forever. Just in case I die in this state, its’ okay. I wouldn’t mind because I’m here with you,” he said with conviction.

Seconds passed before she could take it in. She finally replied, “That’s so sweet. Really…”

“I’m sorry for all the not-so-good things that I had done to you…for my mistakes and shortcomings. I love you beyond my last breath.” He held her tighter like never before. “Death can’t even take away my love for you.”

He was right.
           



The Dreadful Tragedy
            
That was their last night together.
            
There was a knock on the door. Rom was still inside the bathroom, so, Juliet opened it.
            
It was his younger sister…
            
“I need to talk to him about the video for our brother,” she told Juliet.
            
Rom just got out from the bathroom. “I’m in here.”
            
Juliet sat on an office chair while she was texting.
            
Few minutes past, there was an intruder inside the room. When Juliet stood up and turned to see the person, who was wearing a mask, it didn’t take long before she realized that there was a gun pointed to her.
            
Two gun shots… She was lying on the floor.
            
What was happening? Is this just a nightmare? Is this real?
            
She has asthma and she knew that if she wanted to survive, she needed to calm down.
            
Lord, please help me. But if this is my time, I’ll accept it. Forgive me for all my sins.
            
She has to survive…
           
            

“Juliet was shot,” his younger sister noticed.
            
“What? It can’t be!” he panicked.

Instantly, he was to the rescue.

Juls couldn’t see but she could hear everything.
            
“Who are you? What are you doing?” Rom asked the unidentified killer. He was trying to protect her, she thought.

It was a mistake for her to think that he could handle the intruder by himself because of his knowledge in martial arts.

“Juls, are you okay?” his younger sister asked her.

“No. We need help. You need to call for an ambulance. Please ask for help. I don’t want to die,” she replied.

“I will. Do you know the emergency number?”

But she could no longer talk because she’s losing her strength.



She overheard Rom’s younger sister talking to one of their siblings on the phone. Maybe, help will come before it’s too late…

            

Time past… She was too weak but she tried desperately to stand. She turned off the lights and locked the door. She found her phone and made a way to ask for help from her mother and some of her closest friends who could be available during that time of the day.
            
She had the feeling that only she and Rom were left inside that room. It’s hard to imagine what could have happened to him. She remembered that he was only wearing a towel. He should be alive.
           
            

While inside the ambulance, she saw him. He was so still. “Rom…” she called his name.
            
I need to know that you’re still alive. Please, give me a sign.
            
He slowly opened his eyes. It was a miracle…magic or love that somehow made him know where the sound came from. He found her and he looked at her with those eyes for the very last time.
            
He was consumed by darkness for dying in a tragic way… BUT he ended up in a paradise where there’s the kind of brightness like there’s no other.
            
She was the last person that he saw… It wasn’t tragic, after all.




The Meaningful Dream

He was driving but she didn’t know where they were going. She was still wearing her hospital gown…

“I’m gonna miss you…” he said calmly.

“Why are you saying that? Are you going away somewhere?” she asked curiously.

“No. I’ll always be staying in your heart.”

“Then, why?”
            
“I love you.”
            
“I love you too.”
            
“Since the first time we met, you’ve been my angel. Now, it’s my turn. I’ll be your angel.”
            
“You are a blessing to me…ever since you came into my life. Thank you for everything. You have been a huge part of my life. I could never imagine how my life would be if you are not in it.”
            
“You’re such a strong woman, you know that?” he pointed out.
            
“But not as strong as you… I can never be this tough if not for you. I would never be who I am now if it weren’t for you,” she admitted.
            
“Do you see the road ahead of us?”
            
“Yes. Why?”
            
“It looks like it’s going nowhere…”
            
“I see…”
            
“Even though that’s what it seems, we’ll eventually arrive at the end of this road because there’s a magnificent place that’s waiting for us.”
            
“We’ll be arriving there together.”
            
“No. I’ll get there first. But I’ll be waiting for you.”
            
“Hold on…what do you mean?”
            
“You’re lucky. You were given a second chance to live.”

            

The dream was cut short…she was awakened.

            

“Ma, where is Ram?”
            
Her mother almost fell from her seat. Juls just woke up but the very first thing that came out from her is Rom. What should she say? She’s still too weak to know the horrible truth.
            
“Uhmmm… Wherever he is, he’s well taken care of.”
            
“But…”
            
She was disrupted by her mother. “Don’t you think you should rest? You need it.”




The Oblivious Visitor
            
“Don’t you know? He didn’t make it?” the visitor revealed.
            
“Wait, I don’t understand… what does that mean? Who didn’t make it?” she asked.
            
“Rom is dead…”
            
“He can’t be dead! It couldn’t be!” she tried to convinced herself.
            
“I’m sorry… I didn’t have the slightest idea that this news was not delivered to you yet.”
            
“This is not happening… The last time I saw him, he was alive. He even looked at me! He heard me utter his name…”

            

For the past week, I was constantly asking for him through my parents and others but they couldn’t tell what really happened. They have been avoiding the issue. I should have known… That’s why I’m having these dreams of him.




The Incurable Wound
            
I know that I’m still in denial. Somehow, it doesn’t seem real that you’re already gone. The longer I spend every second of my time without you, the more I miss you terribly. I’m being reminded of you more often than not.
            
It so awful… It is such a waste that all our future plans together would no longer occur. Who would even think of killing you?

I can’t stand the way that I lost you… What they did to you…to us…is very heartless. It’s much more than cruel. But I’m sure that I will fight for you no matter what it takes. I will find the justice that you rightfully deserve.

I only pray for four things each time: justice for me and for you, me and my family’s strength, and also for our safety, and lastly, for your soul.

The wound that I have will not be cured 100%.  And I might not love another man again other than you. It will only be you, always.

If only I could just see you for one last time… I’ll take that chance to thank you for everything that you did for me. Most importantly, I’m sorry to my parents and relatives/friends for saying this and I hope they will understand…I love you more than anyone and even more than I love myself.

Now, that you’re in heaven…I know that you have my back. You’re in my heart…looking out for me and keeping me safe. I’ll look up at the sky because I know that you’re just staring right down at me. I can still feel your love. With that, it’s like you never passed away.
            
I’ll sing this song for you… it’s entitled There You’ll Be by Faith Hill.

When I think back on these times and the dreams we left behind, I'll be glad 'cause I was blessed to get to have you in my life. When I look back on these days, I look and see your face. You were right there for me.

In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky. In my heart there'll always be a place for you for all my life. I'll keep a part of you with me. And everywhere I am, there you'll be. And everywhere I am, there you'll be.

You know, you showed me how it feels to feel the sky within my reach. And I always will remember all the strength you gave to me. Your love made me make it through. Oh, I owe so much to you. You were right there for me.

In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky. In my heart there'll always be a place for you for all my life. I'll keep a part of you with me. And everywhere I am there you'll be.

'Cause I always saw in you my light…my strength. And I want to thank you now for all the ways. You were right there for me. You were right there for me, always.

In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky. In my heart there'll always be a place for you for all my life. I'll keep a part of you with me. And everywhere I am, there you'll be. And everywhere I am, there you'll be. There you'll be.

*Notice: I started writing this on November and I finished it on December (2011).


+This is a sort of fan fiction



Comments

LHADY LIBRA YouTube Channel

DLSU Lady Spiker Desiree Cheng plus Kibree Appreciation Thread


Popular posts from this blog

The Sad Case Of Produce 48’s Huh Yunjin 허윤진 aka Kirin-chan

The Secret Circle book and tv series...

Christina Grimmie: A Month Since She Went Home To Be With the Lord

FHM Now Wants Nadine Lustre as its Cover Girl, A Fan Reaction: Thanks but no thanks

IN TIME: A JessTon/ColtJess (Jessica Sanchez-Colton Dixon) Fan Fiction